Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wave goodbye to the Constitution, Timmy! There it goes! GoodBYE!

"Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it." --John Adams

"A generous parent would have said, 'if there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.'" --Thomas Paine, Common Sense

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." --Thomas Jefferson

Okay, people. I know some of you reading this don't necessarily subscribe to my political views and maybe thought I was a little nuts for supporting Ron Paul. That's totally fine. But one thing that even the media agrees on is that Ron Paul was right about the economy. Maybe you've noticed that lately he has been all over CNN, Glenn Beck, etc. because he predicted this financial crisis years ago. Please read this letter that Ron Paul sent out to the public today http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=597. It is time for us to wake up and not take this lying down! Contact your state representatives (it's actually really easy--just click here)and tell them how you feel about the proposed bailout. Let's do something! This is supposed to be our country--let's not sit idly by and watch it fall to tyrants.

*Stepping off soapbox.*

8 comments:

Melyssa said...

Well said! I'm always hearing snide remarks from friends/family about either the republicans or the democrats (depending on which side they're on). I'm sick of the worthless mud-slinging! These people are distracted by irrelevant things. Why can't they see Ron Paul's wisdom??? Thanks for sharing, Jenn! I hope we can preserve what liberties we have left...

Anonymous said...

well said.

jennybhill said...

I like the Adams' quote; I'm in the middle of reading his biography by McCullough. I looked at the Ron Paul letter and also a bunch of the comments following it. Thanks for linking it. It looks like Congress is going ahead with it though...

Anonymous said...

I copied what Melyssa said, well said, but it is well said, so I mean Amen. I read on CNN.com today that of the people calling into the GOP congressional offices, it is 90 to 1 of the people saying to congress don't do it.

Anonymous said...

I'm curious, Jenn, is the title of this blog post a line from a movie? a book?

I think that's it.

Jenn said...

Oh no, Ellen! I didn't realize I may have ripped off some movie/book with the post title. Did I? Is it from something?

Anonymous said...

No, it's not, it just sounds like a line from a movie. I googled it, and it's an original saying. Good job, Jenn!

Mary said...

I really enjoyed your post and visited Ron Paul's site. It is all so right on. And last night on the debate they didn't even talk about it, strange. I, too, recently read John Adams and it was excellent. Even in his lifetime he lamented that people didn't appreciate what they had gone through to have freedom. We are reading 1776 next month for our book club. Why can't everyone else see what we see so clearly? Like my sisters and I like to say, "People!"