Thursday, February 21, 2008

Andrew Update

I realized it's been a while since I've written about what's going on with Andrew. And since this blog is the Morrill Times, not just the Jenn and Kate Times, I thought I would update you all.

Andrew has quit his 5 Buck Pizza job! He has worked there for over five years, but a few months ago the owners sold the store and things have been declining quickly ever since. He decided enough was enough and said goodbye.

School has been VERY busy this semester. He's taking classes like genomics, genetics, computer science, biology, and calculus. Midterms were this week and he has been working so hard. He leaves early and rarely gets home before 8pm on most nights. Two days ago he took a calculus test for NINE hours (the previous record was 6-7 hours for a physics test)! He is a very methodical person and went through the test several times, feeling like he got them all right except for one. He was determined to stay there until he got it. He was disappointed when he finally had to give up on it and come home. For those of you who don't know Andrew very well, he is a die hard perfectionist. He's doing very well in all of his classes and I am very proud of him.

I don't think I ever spent more than three hours in the testing center and by the end I felt like I was going to go crazy! Everyone's packed in there so tight, people shaking their legs, coughing, blowing their nose, etc. Ugh. I definitely don't miss taking tests!

Anyway, Andrew is planning on getting another job during the summer, but for the first time since he's started college he will not have to work while he is in school. He is very excited! Of course, we are also excited because we will see more of each other! Maybe even get a date in once in a while.

P.S. We also found out that Utah happens to be one of the hot spots for biotech companies. There is one company in particular in SLC that is very cutting edge! It would be nice if we didn't have to move out of state when he's done. I have to admit that I like it here!

PPS An interesting fact that Andrew learned this week--baldness does NOT just come through the mother's side. It's a myth! The one thing about genetics I thought I knew! ;)

8 comments:

llcall said...

i for one am glad to hear about andrew...i'm learning so much about him. at that pic is awesome; did you make him go out and pose with his backpack on? :)

Anonymous said...

>>PPS An interesting fact that Andrew learned this week--baldness does NOT just come through the mother's side. It's a myth! The one thing about genetics I thought I knew! ;)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Mom's Dad had a full head of hair till the day he died! I wanted that to be true!!!!!!!

Jenn said...

Larson, Andrew was on his way out and I yelled, "Stop! I have to take a picture of you!" He usually doesn't let me take many pictures of him, but was in a good mood, I guess. I took a bunch until I got a decent one. He kept closing his eyes.

Paul, I would guess you and Mark are both not going to lose your hair. You're in your 30s and still have hair. That's gotta be a good sign, right? But, then again, I don't know anything about genetics. :)

NEricksenArt said...

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/050819.html

Anonymous said...

Yay Andrew! I don't know where he got the perfectionism from, definitely not from me. I graduated from college with a B average and that was good enough for me!

Emily John said...

Spence does work study, he can get paid and if it's not busy do his homework at work. It's so nice when your hubby is around huh? I love it!

mistyp said...

I feel for you as the wife who deals with a test and study schedule like that. I'm thankful those days have come to an end (other than studying for the Bar). Now if we can just find a real job. Good luck! That is an interesting fact you posted!

Anonymous said...

Thats great to hear hes doing good.Thats a long time to work at a pizza place I wish I had the motivation Andrew does. I have half a day of school the rest is for my time. this is crystal i still don't know my username.