Saturday, February 9, 2008

Sickness!


Ugh--so Kate came down with a fever and runny nose a couple days ago. I thought about taking a picture of her nose running everywhere, but opted for a simple box of tissues. She's been so sad and not sleeping well (just 10 hours a night as opposed to 12...). Poor thing! When I reach to wipe her nose, she jerks away at just the right moment so the tissue ends up smearing the snot all over her face.

I wasn't particularly concerned with catching the cold from her, as for some reason I've always had this vague notion of mother invincibility. You don't get sick when your kids are sick, right?! How would you take care of them if you were both sick? So when I saw her drooling all over, licking the phone, and sticking her fingers in my mouth--I wasn't too worried (warning flags did wave a bit, though, when she licked the phone...).

So, yes, of course, I am sick now, too. I realized that it's pretty hard to be sick when you have a kid and your husband is at school all the time. All I want to do is crawl into bed and stay there all day. But Kate's naps have been short since she can't breathe very well, and I have to shower at some point! I just barely got one and it's four in the afternoon!

This morning, I was laying on the floor while she played. I started to doze off and she came over and sat on my head! Never fails! If I am closing my eyes while on the floor, she will throw books, toys, whatever at my head. Whenever I groan to Andrew about it, he just looks at me and says, "Why don't you lay on the couch?" Hmm. That would be too easy.

On the plus side...I can't smell her poopy diapers! But then I don't know when to change her, either...

1 comment:

Emily John said...

Ha! That's motherhood for you. If you get sick, your needs still come last!