Friday, February 1, 2008

Our Little Monkey

Kate LOVES bananas. I give her one every morning after her milk. A week or two ago, I asked her, "Do you want a banana?" She looked up at me with hopeful eyes and said, "buh-nan-a-na?" Sometimes it's not as clear as others when she tries to say it, but it's cute every time. Last night, we were out of bananas and she went into the kitchen, looked up at me with those big eyes, and said, "uh-nan-na-na?" It broke my heart to tell her we didn't have any. After I got her to bed, and after Andrew got home, I put on my coat and headed out into the freezing, snowy weather around 11pm to go get more bananas so she would have one waiting in the morning.

Tonight, she had one at dinner, too, and after that one was gone--she freaked! I had eaten about half of it, so I got out another one. She ate the whole thing and when it was gone she started chewing on the peeling! I'm telling you--she loves these things.

She imitates quite a few animals now, but her monkey impression is spot on! She also LOVES to jump around on the furniture...from couch to chair to ottoman to couch. She really is a little monkey.

3 comments:

mistyp said...

That's cute! Our first one liked bananas but this second one refuses to touch them. :) Guess it's good to just have one monkey in the house at a time. ;)

jennybhill said...

Everytime we go through the produce section at the grocery store, Spencer stares in disbelief at the rows and rows of bananas. He would probably unbuckle himself and lunge out of the cart if he wasn't so stunned and frozen by the dreamy concept that so many bananas exist in the world.

Anonymous said...

When we were there last week, I was amazed she ate a whole banana!!!