Sunday, April 29, 2012

A great food day!

 Tasty breakfast smoothie! You'll feel like Popeye after drinking this!
The Ninja processor I got came with these cool cups that you can actually blend stuff in. Then just put on a lid, and you're good to go!
 Red Lentil Thai Chili....nom nom...
Banana ice cream!
This one's not my picture -- It was on Pinterest 

So I got a Ninja food processor last week, and it was pretty much one of the best decisions of my life. I LOVE this thing! I use it all the time. Christian really freaked out the first few times I used it. He was so scared. But today, he didn't scream at all. He just came in, and said, "Mmm mm!" He really likes the stuff I'm making with it. I share my smoothies with him. :)

I made a "green monster" smoothie this morning. It was my first time making this one, and I LOVED it!! So delicious. Spinach, Greek yogurt, Almond milk, peanut butter, and a frozen banana. I froze the yogurt in ice cube trays (someone in the comments suggested it), and I used PB2 for the peanut butter, which has way fewer calories. Tastes enough like the real stuff. I loved this smoothie, and I can't wait to have it again tomorrow!! Here's the recipe http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/skinny-green-monster-smoothie.html. By the way, you don't taste the spinach AT ALL.

Lunch was great, too, but I didn't take a picture. It was turkey slices, tomatoes, spinach, and avocado inside of a whole wheat tortilla. YUM.

Dinner was amazing, I thought. Red Lentil Thai Chili http://www.theppk.com/2010/12/red-lentil-thai-chili/

A little bit spicy, but so good. No idea how many calories in each serving, though. It made a TON that I'm going to freeze, I guess. Andrew liked it, but said it tasted "really healthy." He thinks some kind of tasty bread with it would have made it really good. I thought he was going to love it because he loves Thai food, so I was a little disappointed with his reaction. But I loved it! Sweet potatoes, red lentils, kidney beans, red pepper, onions, coconut milk...etc, etc. so good!

THEN, I saw on my sister-in-law's Pinterest, she had a recipe for banana ice cream. It's just made from frozen bananas, peanut butter, and cocoa powder! It was yummy and healthy. The kids enjoyed it. And I was even able to eat it. Win win.

I'm not sure any of you care what I eat every day, but seriously today was a GOOD food day. I just had to tell someone. :) What would I have eaten a few months ago? Cheerios for breakfast, hot dog for lunch, and spaghetti and broccoli for dinner. Why would I want to go back to that?? I still like broccoli, though -- don't get me wrong.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Yummo! That all sounds so good. What is PB2? I'll have to try to get some.