Friday, April 6, 2012

Week 6 weigh-in


Time for another weigh-in...this time I know exactly what my weight is -- down to the decimal!

This week I lost 2.6 pounds! I'm very happy with that, as it keeps me on track to hit my goal!

I'm still rolling with the salads for lunch and smaller portion sizes for dinner. I worked out 5 days this week, and aside from a major canker sore attack (on the back of my throat and tongue -- too many acidic fruits in my diet now), I feel great!

A week or so ago, I went to a Church activity where chocolate was the only thing available to eat. I even had to bring something -- chocolate chip bread -- yikes! I had a tiny bite just to make sure it was edible, and the rest I left to everyone else. I wish I'd had my camera at the activity -- SO MUCH CHOCOLATE!! It was like straight out of a Biggest Loser temptation episode. But I didn't have any! It was a little bit weird, but I was not even really that tempted. Freaky, huh?

In that Hungry for Change video I mentioned last week, one guy was talking about changing the way we think. Instead of saying, "I want that, but I can't have it" -- change it to "I can have that, but I don't want it." That's totally how I felt when I was surrounded by all that chocolate. It was a bit awkward for me to be the only one not eating, but it was fine. I survived it, and I continue to lose weight right in line with my goal. My eye's on the prize, baby!

Total weight lost since March 1st: 12.6 pounds
Percentage lost: 6.89%

6 comments:

NEricksenArt said...

Way to go, Jenn!! Mom

NEricksenArt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
llcall said...

Sweet! You are awesome. I wish I had had a chance to watch Hungry for Change while it was still free...but it sounds pretty cool so I will have to watch it sometime.

Jenn said...

Thanks, Lindsay. You might want to check out the video "Food Matters" first. http://www.foodmatters.tv/

I haven't seen it yet, but I hear it's better than Hungry for Change -- made by the same people.

Mary said...

That is so great! I am trying to lose weight, too! What a huge surprise, I'm sure! So I'll be rooting for you.

Jenn said...

Thanks, Mary! Good luck to you!