Friday, March 30, 2012

D@$% accurate scales!!

My new scale came today! I went with the "Eat Smart Precision Plus" scale. I was so excited to get this scale I was even dreaming about it! I had dreams where I got on, and I actually weighed LESS than I had on the other crappy scale. I woke up really happy.

Unfortunately that wasn't reality. I just weighed in and am 8 pounds heavier than I was on the other scale. I realize that I didn't suddenly pack on 8 pounds, but somehow I feel fatter now that I know the truth. Sigh.

When I first got on it, it said I weighed 219 pounds!! I almost fainted. Then I read in the manual that it has to adjust the first time or something. So luckily THAT was not reality.

The good news is I've lost 1.5 inches on both my waist and my hips. So there's that.

In other health news, I just boiled fresh ginger and added some turmeric to it for some ginger tea -- which is supposed to be really good for you. Right now it doesn't feel very good. Everything's burning!

I am happy that I know my real weight, so I won't have to be shocked whenever I visit the doctor, but gees, it is a little frustrating. I feel like I already lost those pounds, but in reality I was just way bigger than I realized.

Oh well, I'm looking ahead to next week!

1 comment:

llcall said...

I was pretty excited about your new scale too! Thank goodness it came in time for weigh-in Friday :) I can see why it would be disappointing, but seriously, you are doing amazingly! And it was great to read your post about something finally "clicking." I think I am a decently healthy eater, but I certainly need something to "click" for me to care about exercise. I just hate it. With every fiber of my being :) Hoepfully, I will learn something from you!