Sunday, March 4, 2012

Christian the multi-tasker

I keep thinking of things I need to write down about Christian, but then I almost immediately forget them. Argh. I am also making a goal to take more pictures of the kid.

There are a couple of things I should have included in his update --

1) He loves to dance, much like Kate did, but in a very different way. It is my goal to get a good video of it because it is CUTE.

2) He still drinks out of a bottle for his milk, which is my fault, not his, but the way he carries his milk around is unique to him, and he's done it for as long as I can remember. I think he started doing it when he was crawling, since he couldn't carry his bottle and crawl at the same time. But he still does it now that he can walk. He just walks around with the bottle's nipple between his teeth, as pictured above.

He'll play, read books, whatever all while carrying the bottle around in his mouth, saving it for whenever he's thirsty. I'm sure it's a very terrible thing for me to let him do. :)

And there was something that he did today in church that was funny. He recently figured out how to put his index finger to his mouth (more like his chin) and say, "Shhh." Well today he was being pretty loud during the Sacrament, so I told him, "Shhh." My mistake! He put his finger to his mouth and said it, too. Then he let out a loud scream, and he immediately followed it with a "shhh." Then another loud shriek, and "Shhh." I'm glad that he's figuring out what things mean, but for now I need to remember that "shh" has the opposite effect with him.

1 comment:

llcall said...

So glad you're posting on here again! I liked the happy feet video especially. Although we had Addison limited to 2 small bottles per day, I have to admit that we did not get her off the bottle until she was 22 months. I don't know if that is egregious or not, but I do remember that our ped told us to get her off it at 1-year. Imagine how awkward I felt when he came to our church to speak (he turned out to be in our stake presidency, which I had no idea of) and she was still happily sucking on a bottle at 18 months :)