Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Kate's First Steps!!


We were just chillin' in the office last night listening to music--Kate was standing on her own (she's been doing that a lot the past few days), when suddenly she took a step towards Andrew. I kind of blinked and shook my head and said, "I think she just took a step." Andrew looked down at Kate. She looked back at him. He laughed and said, "Well, that was anticlimactic!" Luckily, she kept doing it and we got tons of video, of course. There was one more video after this one and it ended with her veering off course and slamming her head into the computer! It was really sad, so I didn't post that one.She's way ahead of me--I looked in my baby book last night to discover that I didn't walk until I was 14 months old!

5 comments:

mistyp said...

Yeah! It happens FAST! Micah has been walking all over for about the last 2 1/2 weeks. He's gotten fast just in that time. Watch out!!!! Nothing will be safe in the coming days!!!! She is quick with lots of things, teeth, walking, etc. Or, Micah is just slow. ;)

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Happy to see some of that action. Andrew walked early (of course as he is somehow super coordinated, unlike me) at 9 months of age or so, so she is in between. You guys look happy!!!

Emily John said...

How cute! She is walking early so fun! Just wait until she figures out that she can reach a WHOLE lot more!

Anonymous said...

So exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I had a feeling her first steps were coming. It's so exiting.