Friday, October 12, 2007

Tagged--this time about Andrew (well, it's more about us than it is him)

Andrew in NY (on his mission) the morning of 9/11. He hates that I love this picture of him. He's not smiling, in case you think he is. It's sort of a worried grimace.


On one of our camping trips in Canyonlands. Andrew's looking for the perfect shot with his large format camera. He doesn't like this picture, either--because of his shaved head. I think Andrew has one of the prettiest smiles I've ever seen. No braces, either! Can you believe that? I can only hope Kate is so lucky.


About My Husband…

What is his name? Andrew Christian Morrill
How long have you been married? 4 1/2 years
How long did you date? He got home from his mission December 7th. We were engaged January 13th! Married April 25th. Speedy.
How old is he? 26
Who eats more? Sadly, it's probably me by a little bit
Who said I love you first? He did. In a letter, if you want to know. We tried to keep our letters to each other spiritual and non-distracting (this was while we were on our missions), but I'd be lying if I said that letter didn't distract me.
Who is taller? He is--he's 6'0", I'm only 5'7"
Who sings better? I don't sing. He is way better.
Who is smarter? I'll have to give him this one. We both have areas of smartness. He probably knows more about more things, though. And he really excels at science and computers (which I don't!) Plus, he learns A LOT faster than I do and actually retains knowledge. Ok--he wins.
Whose temper is worse? That would be me. I sometimes have a short fuse. I'm working on it!
Who does the laundry? Me.
Who does the dishes? Usually me.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? If you're looking straight on, I do.
Who pays the bills? Me.
Who mows the lawn? Usually me. I kind of enjoy it, actually. Sick, huh?
Who cooks dinner? We both do. We have opposite schedules right now, so we have to kind of fend for ourselves. I like it when we have time to cook together.
Who drives when you are together? Andrew
Who is more stubborn? Hmm...I'll let Andrew have that one. Though, it's probably equal--I'm getting too many of these!
Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? I always say that I do. :)
Whose parents do you see the most? His
Who kissed who first? He kissed me. (I happened to be his first kiss.)
Who asked who out? I went to see him the day after he came home. Then he asked me out for that weekend. I was thinking, What? Friday? Today's Sunday...so I invited him over to watch a BYU devotional and then to a basketball game. Then we watched some movies on the other nights. Pretty much, we saw each other every night after he got home. Our first "date" wasn't until the 6th night.
Who proposed? He did.
Who is more sensitive? That's a tough one. We're both pretty sensitive. I'm more traditionally "romantic," though. He's very compassionate and empathetic towards others.
Who has more friends? I think I probably do. I had way more companions and college roommates. He had like 2 companions and no roommates. He still keeps in touch with some high school friends, as do I. And he's got work friends.
Who has more siblings? Me. Neither of us are from giant families. I have three older siblings. He has a brother and a half-sister.
Who wears the pants in the family? I never cared for dresses. :) No, I think we're pretty equally yoked.
I'd love to hear yours if you want to consider yourself tagged, too! :)

3 comments:

Emily John said...

How fun to learn about Andrew and you. I might do this tag!

mistyp said...

Interesting! That's a cool picture of the 9/11 thing...even though I'm sure it was scary! Hope he liked those two companions...that could be bad if he didn't!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with what you said about Andrew's smile. It is like sunshine. It lights up a room. I learned some stuff too, like his first kiss was you, stuff a son doesn't talk to his mom about.