Thursday, October 11, 2007

Time for Potty Training??

Oh my gosh--this is basically what all my nightmares have been like my entire life. Rows and rows of nasty toilets! Now, Kate's been thrown in the mix! Oh no!

Well, Kate went about 10 months without pooping in her tub. Until about a week ago. She's gone three times now--in just a matter of days! I'm worried she enjoys it and now associates bathing with pooping--which should NOT go together. Eww--for some reason it seems so much worse floating around--all around--then being stuck on her in a diaper. I don't know why. But the other night was just awful. I was trying to shake it out into the toilet and parts of it went flying everywhere. Ahh! I had even had a nightmare a few days before about Kate falling into a big person's toilet and getting...very soiled. Anyway, these tub times have been a fulfillment of those nightmares!

I'm wondering if I should get her a little potty and put it next to the tub, then if she starts to go (I usually can't tell--but sometimes I have an idea), I could whisk her out and put her on the pot. Hmmm...I realize she's only 10 months old--but I don't know what to do. I don't want to clean out a poopy tub every night--I know that much!

4 comments:

stephasauri said...

I remember those days... being in the bathtub with my sisters when we were all little. Every now and then it would happen. Someone would find a "submarine." That's what my dad always called it. He would remind us before bath time that he didn't want any submarines today. I don't know if I understood it until I was older, but it's worth a try! Tell Kate, "No more submarines in the tub!"

Jenn said...

Oh sick! That term kind of grosses me out. Kate's are more like exploded submarines. Eww.

Emily John said...

Jen, you don't want to scare her with the potty, she's still really young. I think the warm water triggers something causes them to poop. Both of my kids have pooped in the tub quite a few times.

mistyp said...

I agree about the warm water triggering. Briel went through a phase at about that age. It finally ended thankfully! You are funny with these posts! My husband was laughing at this one, too! ;)