Friday, March 7, 2008

Interview Update

Well, thanks to everyone who offered to help me out. Luckily, I was able to reschedule the interview for the morning when the kids are at school, and Andrew's grandma watched Kate and let me borrow her car to get there.

PHEW! I am tired! The kids I am watching are pretty good, but the oldest one is a little defiant. Oh well. Just one more day of this!

So the interview went pretty well, I think. The lady that interviewed me was really friendly and easy to talk to. It's weird to call her a "lady," as I'm sure she's younger than me. She said I did "really well" on the test, and she loved my writing sample (it was a novelization of a few scenes from Gattaca for a Literature and Film class). She also seemed really intrigued that I was editing someone's life story. Overall, I think it was a good interview (only 20 minutes). She said she would call me next week.

She did ask me what I might struggle with in the job, and unfortunately, I was honest. I said that not knowing how much work it would be, I was a little concerned about being able to get it all done. What was I thinking?? Argh. I just don't want to accept a position (assuming I'm offered the job) that I can't meet expectations because of Kate. She said it might be between 20-30 hours a week, but it may not even be every week. If it was 30 hours, that may be kind of tough. But if it was only twice a month, I could do it. I just hadn't thought it would be quite that many hours...

Maybe I will email her to thank her for the interview and clarify what I said. Trying to get a job is so stressful! Especially when it's a job you want!

2 comments:

llcall said...

i'm glad the interview went well, jenn. and a follow-up email is always a good idea. now that i've become a blog reader, i love that you update yours so often...it keeps me pleasantly occupied when i'm avoiding my work

Anonymous said...

Good to hear the interview went well. Finding a job is stressful. I got one about two weeks ago at subway. lol. your blog also keeps me occupied when I don't want to do my school work.
-Crystal R.