Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Picture of Joseph Smith??

I saw this on Misty's blog and was blown away! You can check out the story about it here http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2878046. The church has not said if they think this is him or not, but the researchers seem to think it is--based on his death mask and skull pictures. You can read the article about it, but I guess Joseph even mentioned in his journal that he had had a picture taken of himself. So maybe this is it?? Honestly, it kind of freaked me out! It freaked me out because I have a very set idea of what he looks like in my mind and this wasn't it. But I think this could be him. He looks enough like the paintings, anyway. Andrew and I stared at it for a long time last night. We compared it to pictures of his nephew--Joseph F. Smith. They definitely have similarities! It would be really cool if they could confirm it.

Andrew is a distant relative of Joseph Smith, and he kept asking, "Does it look like me?" I guess he's been told a lot that he looks like the statues and things of Joseph. I can kind of see it... Funny, though, because I sent this picture to my dad and one of the first things he said was, "It looks like Andrew." It must be him then! ;)

1 comment:

mistyp said...

We thought it was very interesting, too. :)