Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Job Interview!

I heard about an editing position with BYU Independent Studies a few months ago from a co-worker (it's a work from home job), but I had been so busy with selling the house and settling in to our new place that I never sent a resume. Once Andrew quit his job, though, I thought it wouldn't hurt to send out my resume to a couple of places. I only heard back from one--the Independent Studies one. They emailed me back right away. I had to submit a cover letter, writing sample, and then take their test (which I did yesterday). I was pretty nervous because it has been a long while since I've done much editing. I thought I did okay, but thought too hard on some of the questions and went against my initial instincts (always a bad idea!). I sent a follow-up email to the supervisor, and she called me within a couple of hours to set up an interview for Friday. YAY!!

I don't want to get my hopes up, though. But this job would be absolutely perfect for us! Not to mention great experience for me. Andrew wouldn't have to get another job and could just focus on getting done with school. And I could get a little brain stimulation while Kate is napping or after she's gone to bed. Of course, that would mean less time for cleaning...and blogging. But it would really help us out.

There's one problem, though. I agreed to baby-sit a family of four kids this weekend (Thurs, Fri, and part of Sat), which of course, overlaps with the interview. Andrew will be at school, so I will have to find someone to watch a bunch of kids for me for a couple of hours. Hmm...

I'm sure it will work out somehow. I'm excited/nervous for the interview. We'll see what happens. Wish me luck! :)

4 comments:

Rena said...

Good Luck! It sounds perfect for you. I'll be checking to see how it went. Love, Aunt LaRene

mistyp said...

Good luck! My husband is in the yucky interviewing phase again, too. That cartoon is a funny one! ;)

Laura said...

That sounds perfect! How come I can't find a job like that? I am babysitting Friday morning, but if your interview is in the afternoon, I am happy to help!

Emily John said...

That sound so ideal for your situation, Ih ope you get it. Oh and could you start editing my blog? ;)