Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Time to Exercise...


...has finally arrived. I've been steadily gaining poundage since having Kate, and now I say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. No more! I had a great plan for this semester of getting up before Kate and going running (while Andrew was still home). Yeah, getting up before Kate is not my idea of easy nor fun. So, then I thought I could run when Andrew got home from school. Until I realized he didn't get home until 10 or 11 at night, and by that time I wanted to chat with him and go to bed, rather than jump outside and exercise. And besides, I really loathe running in public. It ain't pretty.

I decided what I needed was a way to exercise at home after Kate was asleep. After talking about it for weeks, today I FINALLY went out and bought a stationary bike. It's not the one above (as it is still in a box in the car), but it's somewhat like that one. I mostly just wanted something that was very small (we have ZERO space) and affordable. The smallest one was also the cheapest--so there it is. I am so excited to get started on a daily exercise routine. I can't believe how much weight I've gained. My goal is to lose 50 pounds--yikes. I'll just take it a week at a time, though. I'm not going to go crazy with dieting because I just get discouraged. I figure if I'm exercising every day, then I can probably just eat normal foods. So...here we go!!

9 comments:

llcall said...

i can't imagine that you have 50 pounds to lose! it's never looked like it to me. but of course, exercise is healthy in moderation so i'm impressed that you are committing to it!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with that. A habit of moderate exercise is great even with some extra weight (like moi). I remember trying to jog down the street with those oldfashioned strollers with babies in tow (not recommended). Just walking is great too (Kate enjoys that too probably). It seems you've been making lots of changes recently. WOW!!

Emily John said...

Check out www.thedailyplate.com
It's how I keep track of my food and exercise. It's handy. Good luck!

Emily John said...

PS. 50 pounds? We're built a lot a like and I can't see you needing to lose 50 pounds!

Anonymous said...

You are making lots of changes lately. I want to loose a few pounds also, but I don't want to stop eating junk food, and I don't want to exercise, so good luck on exercising
-Crystal

Jenn said...

My goal is for 50, but 55 would take me to where I was the day I got married. And even back then, I probably could have been 5-10 pounds lighter. But I'd be thrilled with 50. I'm going to try to lose it all by the end of the summer.

Em, I can't believe how fast you've lost 20+ pounds. You're my hero! :) And because we are so much alike, it also gives me hope!

Megan and John said...

i second larson's thoughts... 50 pounds?? you've got to be kidding me! that's what i would love to lose! good luck with your efforts. now that you've bought the bike, you're committed! keep us posted! and i want to see some "biggest loser" tank top shots too!

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you need a workout plan, Matt made one out for me and I really like it. You can do most of the weight exercises at home using your own body weight...I can foward you the excel sheet he made for me.

Jenn said...

Sure, Sabrina. Send it my way! You guys both look so fit and healthy. I would love any suggestions you have for me. Thanks!