Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bad to the Bone...B-B-B-B-BAD

Last night, I went to the grocery store for a few essentials for the next morning: diapers, milk, and bananas. As I slung the diapers under one arm and a heavy basket pinched my other, I became aware of the music playing--"Bad to the Bone." Immediately, I was transported back through time to highschool.

For those of you who didn't know me in highschool, I was shy and self-conscious (oh, and I really hated highschool). But, man, put a pop can in my hand and EVERYTHING changed. For some reason, I felt invincible and suddenly very cool. Whether it was at the pool or walking down the halls of school, if I had a pop can in my hand suddenly there were beats in my head, and I was struttin', pointin' and winkin' to the gang members lining the walls on the left, and noddin' to the jocks on the right. The wonders of Sprite.

None of that is true, of course, (it was all in my head) except that I did feel a bit cooler and perhaps a slight strut could be detected upon close inspection.

But man, I felt it again last night--this time holding diapers and milk, but I couldn't be stopped. I was struttin' down those aisles like I did years ago...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!

llcall said...

you are hilarious!

Anonymous said...

I can just see it back in the day, thats a great story, cus I'mm bad to the bone.