Friday, June 20, 2008

My Two Shoulders

It seems I have a devil on one and an angel on the other (both me). The devil's really fat and the angel is my ideal weight. For every pound I lose, the angel is there cheering me on--saying, "Wow--see?! That wasn't so hard! 50 pounds is nothing! You can do this!" The devil says, "So what if you lost three pounds this week? You still have THIRTY pounds to go! You're not even half way there! All this hard work for what? Three pounds? Give up! And go get me a Snickers."

I really do seem to have these two halves of myself lately. I think, "Wow! I've lost 20 pounds already! I'm actually fitting into some of my older clothes." Then the devil self: "Yeah, but the clothes still pinch a bit."

It's a constant battle, but I'm going to love it when I get to my goal weight, and can tell that fat devil me to shove it.

I'm leaving to Antelope Island for the night at 2pm, so I hope I get the results back by then. I would hate to leave Larson (my most devoted reader on Fridays) unsatisfied on Results Day!! :) Thanks for the support!

UPDATE: Woohoo! I came in at #2 for the week and moved up to #6 for overall! So far I've lost 7.5% of my starting weight (I've lost 13.5 lbs since starting the Biggest Loser Contest). The sad part is that the leaders (#1 and #2) of the contest have lost in the 10th and 11th percentile already! Either they will have to really screw up or I'd have to really start shedding some major pounds in order to catch up. If I could finish in the top 3 I would be thrilled! The top three split the pot.

5 comments:

llcall said...

yeah, you better not leave my hanging :)! but 3 pounds this week is awesome!!! you're almost to the halfway point.

Anonymous said...

You go girl! I'm impressed! I know what you mean about the devil and angel. Fortunately, my angel likes ice cream too!

Anonymous said...

Wow 20.5. keep on pushin

Anonymous said...

that was me

llcall said...

very impressive!