Friday, June 6, 2008

Hitting a Wall

Grrr...

Well, I did everything right this week: I worked out every day (sometimes twice a day), and I didn't have any sweets. And what did I get for all my trouble? 'Sigh.' A lousy 1.5 pounds! I lost more weight than that eating brownies and skipping workouts!

I think I know what the problem is, though. And it has a little something to do with the fact that I'm awake enough to be blogging right now at 7:30 in the morning! I haven't been getting enough sleep for the past 3-4 days. Kate used to sleep until at least 7:30 or 8 am. But for the past few days she has woken up as if she has an alarm set for 6:30! I typically don't fall asleep until midnight (regardless if I'm in bed before then or not), and 6.5 hours just does not do it for me. I've felt like a zombie for most of the week. I'm so tired that I have to take a nap when Kate does just to survive. I hate taking naps--especially now that I use that time to work out. So then I have to work out at night and am all wired and can't go to sleep early enough! Ugh--a vicious cycle. Anyway, everyone says that adequate sleep is essential to weight loss. So here's to hoping I get more of it next week!
UPDATE: Well, the results are in. Okay, so I guess last week I ended up ranked #5 for the week and #7 overall. This week I dropped to #12 for the week, but am holding steady at #7 overall. Not bad!

4 comments:

llcall said...

6:30am...that's inhuman. :) sorry to hear about that. hopefully your competitors are hitting a wall too!

Emily John said...

My kids get up when the sun comes up. We block the windows in their room with a blanket to block the sun out and hope the kids sleep longer.

I am so jealous that you get nap time. My kids have out grown it :(

Anonymous said...

Good work on the weight loss! I'm impressed! I can't wait to see you! When are we going to hang out?!

Anonymous said...

thats how early I've been getting up lately. its not fun. congrats on the weight loss