Monday, June 16, 2008


I'm guessing Andrew won't be thrilled that I put a close-up of his face on here, but I love this picture! What a cutie!
These are some older camping pics that people wouldn't have seen before. 2004 in Yosemite and 2005 in Zion National Park. We got caught in a little rainstorm. It was gorgeous!

Tib 's theme for "My Favorite Monday" today is our favorite thing about summer. This summer I am going to choose camping. It hasn't been that in the past, but I'm really excited about being a "camping family." Camping/exploring is really Andrew's favorite thing to do, and I am really starting to love it, too. Especially after seeing how much Kate loved it at Kodachrome Basin State Park in April. I think it's a great thing we will always be able to look forward to in the spring/summer. Of course, Andrew goes in the dead of winter, too--but I think we'll wait for summer to go along.

This weekend we are going to Antelope Island in Salt Lake for one night, then Andrew leaves for California next week (with some guys from school) to hike Mt. Whitney. Andrew hasn't decided yet if he will hike it or spend his time taking pictures of it instead. Either way--fun! Then we are planning another camp out with my sister's fam at Payson Lakes, and then to CO to visit Ellen (Andrew's mom) for more camping! This is really the Summer O' Camping--woohoo!

4 comments:

Christie said...

Oh, camping does sound so fun. That is definitely one of the best things about summer.

oppfamily said...

Oooo fun! I miss camping. We never go, in Florida it's just not the same. No hills or real wilderness, too hot, and too many mosquitoes. I am jealous. I used to love camping. Some of my fondest memories are of a certain yearly summer camp. You may remember....ha ha

Emily John said...

We used to like camping, now we'll take a hotel bed any day! It looks like fun. Andrew is an influence on you for sure! The Jenn I know would never have liked camping.

Anonymous said...

Andrew gets to go to Cali! How fun, I wanted to take my mom to San Fransisco this summer for her 50th birthday, she hasn't been back since she was little. Anyways camping is fun, I'm planning on doing a lot this summer.can't wait till August!