Thursday, June 19, 2008

New Coldplay CD!

Was anybody else as excited as we were when the new Coldplay CD (Viva La Vida) came out on Tuesday? I love it! Andrew likes their previous stuff more than this album, but I haven't decided yet. One thing's for sure--this album reminds us both a lot of U2. I've read before that Chris Martin (lead singer) listens to a lot of U2 and gets inspiration from them. You can definitely hear the influence on this CD. I don't think that's a bad thing, though.

They're coming to SLC in November--but tickets are EXPENSIVE. We'll have to pass.

Above is their video for "Violet Hill" from the new CD. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Coldplay, but I'm not up on their new releases. They kind of remind of the Beatles too. Good song.

llcall said...

i can't wait for tomorrow's weigh in :) and i also love "fix you"