Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Little Fishy





Well, I broke down and took Kate swimming today. I'm not a fan of showing skin, but I knew Kate would love it (it was her first time). This pool has a really great kiddie pool--way better than anything I had growing up! The water was really nice and warm. My friend, Stephanie, and her cute baby, Eliza, met us there. Kate kept wanting to go as deep as she could, so I finally took her to the grown up pool to swim around with her. She didn't want me holding on to her, though, (which is kind of a requirement) so we didn't stay there for too long. There were a couple times where she slipped and she got a little water in her mouth. And as I write this she is asleep on me...now I'm totally freaked out by the dry drowning thing! I think she's just tuckered out--I hope. I'm keeping my eye on her.

I was reminded of junior high when one of my friends always invited me to go swimming. She had a twin that I didn't particularly like hanging out with, and so I would always come up with excuses not to go. I still remember what she wrote in my yearbook: "If you're not too busy tanning or mowing the lawn this summer maybe we can go swimming." Ha--my excuse to not go swimming was because I was tanning! How lame!

5 comments:

Emily John said...

Because you were Tanning? Really? You could come up with a better one than that? You seriously make me laugh!

Jenn said...

I was just learning the art of making excuses. I'm sure I could come up with a better one now... :)

Sabrina said...

Ah, I remember those days well. If I remember, you were green and I was red.

Anonymous said...

Thats is a funny excuse. Kate looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

First of all, I saw this post minutes after you posted it (but my hands were full, so no comments then) and I was impressed that you got it posted within like 2 hours of the pics being taken. You are my blogging hero! Thanks for inviting us to go to the pool! It was fun, even if Eliza's first swim only lasted a few minutes. That reminds me... I still haven't put those pics on my blog. Big surprise!