Friday, June 13, 2008

Not *quite* as bad as it looks...

For those of you who check my weight status on a regular basis, you will not see the little runner progress on her beach run today. I lost exactly ZERO pounds this week. That's right--ZERO.

However, strangely enough, I was actually kind of happy with this result. I decided to change up my workout this week--different cardio exercise and some weights added in. It is a really hardcore workout! I was really sore for days. But I started gaining weight! I gained about 2 pounds (maybe muscle?)! For most of the week, I was expecting today's weigh in to be a real disaster. So making it back down to what I was last week actually feels pretty good.

But, of course, I'm still severely disappointed. I tried REALLY hard this week. My ranking numbers are sure to really take a plunge. But I'm sticking with it and hopefully my body will get used to a new routine and start losing again.

UPDATE: Not as bad as I thought! I am at #28 for the week, and #8 overall. I can't believe I didn't go down more for my overall ranking. Yay!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

having more muscle burns calories just when you're sitting doing nothing. don't get discouraged by the numbers. keep up the great work!

llcall said...

can't wait for the weigh-in today. i live for those rankings :)

llcall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
llcall said...

yay! good job.

and in case you can't tell, i check your blog once a day M-Th, but incessantly on Fridays. I told you, I'm obsessed with the rankings :)