Friday, May 16, 2008

Finally! Double Digits!!

See below for update.

Last week I was bummed because I was just 1/2 pound away from the big 10. This week I'm up to 12 (for overall weight loss--not in the BL contest), and that feels pretty good! Still got a LONG ways to go...but it's really been fun working at something so hard and seeing results. Even if I'm not dropping 12 pounds in a week like some of the guys on the Biggest Loser show, I'm feeling great about what I've been losing. There's something really comforting about losing weight--like now I know it's possible (and totally doable) for me. That's just a good feeling!

P.S. Last week I was ranked #34 among the 54 women competing in the Biggest Loser contest--yikes! This week I'm really hoping I moved up on that list! I'll let ya know--I find out later today.

UPDATE: I went from #34 last week to #21 overall (this is out of 54, remember). For the week, though, I came in at #9!! I'm movin' up, baby! I lost the exact same amount of weight both weeks. Weird. Hopefully it will be slow and steady wins the race!

6 comments:

llcall said...

congrats, jenn. i can't wait to hear your new ranking. i feel like i'm in a competition!

Anonymous said...

Wow, thats so cool. It really does feel good to work at something hard and see results. Good luck on your new ranking, this is exciting

Anonymous said...

holy cow! #9 thats crazy, you are moving up. at this rate you'll be number one by next week!

Jenn said...

I'm glad to be moving up, but the people occupying the #1-3 spots are really far ahead!! I'm gonna have to kick it up a notch!

Christie said...

Congrats! I know that I'm not even a contender in this thing, but its good motivation for me anyway.

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration