Monday, May 26, 2008

Sunday Highlights

Well, who can get enough of old men swearing from the pulpit in sacrament meeting? The speaker yesterday was "colorful" to say the least. He used at least 3-4 profanities, one of which took the Lord's name in vain. I felt like I was cringing during the entire "talk." I kept thinking, "Red light! Red Light!!" I don't know if this particular pulpit is equipped with the red light function, though--the one that signals speakers to stop. At one point in his life he was paralyzed from the neck down (this led to an interesting near-death-seeing-the-light experience), and he said how he knew how John the Baptist felt when he was decapitated. He topped off the interesting talk by making fun of the ward's oldest member (96), by saying that she remembered swimming in Lake Bonneville (you know, the lake that covered Utah thousands/millions of years ago). All in all, though, very entertaining! :)

After church, we went up to Andrew's grandparents' cabin by Sundance for dinner. Andrew was able to take some pictures of the river (with his 5x7) next to the cabin. The above picture is just from our digital and isn't the composition he took. He doesn't really like this version, but I like it, and I got him to let me put it on here. We also read a review of this year's Springville Art Salon. The director of the SMA said that the "photography is by far and away the best it's ever been." We were excited to hear that!

Kate later slipped and SMASHED the side of her face against a table. That wasn't really a highlight--she's got a huge puffy bruise on her cheek. But overall, we all had a fun day.

3 comments:

Emily John said...

At least he didn't barf all over the pulpit. That happened in my sis-in-laws ward.

Jenn said...

Oh MY--are you serious? That is so horrible--I can't imagine.

Anonymous said...

I like the picture of the creek. I can almost see and hear it.