Friday, May 9, 2008

Here Goes Nothin'... (and hopefully a lot of somethin')


For those of you I haven't told yet, I am participating in a 12 week long Biggest Loser competition. It just started this week! I am very excited. There are 54 women competing for $1350 and the title of the Biggest Loser. Each entry has to pay $25 (that's where the $1350 comes from). It's all online--I've never met any of my competitors. We work out and diet or whatever on our own, then weigh in every Friday and email our results to the host. This is the biggest round yet, I guess. It is a lot of competition, but I am going to work my hardest! My cousin, Emily, was the Biggest Loser in the last go around. She dropped 35 pounds in 16 weeks. I am hoping it runs in the family! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that sounds fun. Hopefully no one lies about how much weight they lost just to get the money.
-Crystal R

Anonymous said...

I'm with Crystal on this, it seems like fraud would be far too easy and tempting... what kind of safeguards do they have to prevent lying?

Jenn said...

Everyone starts the game by sending in pics of themselves and a pic of their feet on the scale with their weight. On the last weigh in everyone has to send in pics with their feet on the scale again. I'm sure there are ways that people could lie, but I hope no one does.

Rena said...

Well, you have met one of the other "losers"- ME! Anyway, I hope I'm a loser on this. I guess Emily's success impressed both of us. :-) I had a pretty good first week but don't know how this week will go. What about you? I think it helps to be accountable to someone. What do you think about splitting the pot? I'm really not planning on losing enough to win-my goal is 1 1/2 lbs. a week, so it doesn't matter either way for me.

Good luck! Aunt LaRene

Jenn said...

Aunt LaRene, Emily told me you were going to play, but then I didn't see your name on the results. I realized you were listed under "Rena" rather than LaRene. You were #33 and I was #34! How funny. I didn't have a good first week--just 1.5 pounds. I've been losing consistently at 2 pounds a week. I'd like to do more--but seems like my body may not do it.

I think splitting the pot would be great--I would like some chance of winning money. With so many people competing, it feels kind of overwhelming. But of course I will be thrilled if I lose tons of weight. My goal is to lose 25 pounds. I think that's doable. Good luck to you, too!