Friday, June 1, 2007

Fun surprise! (and my ineptitude)







When I got home from work today, Andrew said that the stuff I ordered had come. I replied that I hadn't ordered anything and what was he talking about. He was positive I had ordered Kate clothes without telling him. I denied it, but he still didn't believe me.

I went to the kitchen where the box was and there was such a cute dress (well, or so I thought...) for Kate from my friend Krista in Boston! I dressed Kate in it and went out for some pictures. When I came back, I saw on the gift receipt that it was a TANK TOP. Woops. I have no eye for these things. Now that I think about it, it didn't seem quite long enough to be a dress...

I was a total tomboy as a kid, and have always feared having girls. I barely know what to do with my own hair, let alone a little girl (when she gets some).
So this was just another example to me about how I have no idea what I'm doing. Poor Kate.

But if it was a cute dress--it's definitely a cute tank top! Thanks Krista!


2 comments:

mistyp said...

Makes a cute dress, too! :) I think it's funny you see her legs as being squishy. :) She looks long and skinny to me. Maybe it's just from looking at my short and chubbier boy, thoug!. She's so cute. I can't believe she isn't crying on the grass. My kids hate it poking them. Also, we can't sit on the grass here in Texas because of the fire ants.

Emily John said...

Do you know how many times I've done that lately? It's the style. So I have to pay close attetion or I just think it's a way short dress. So your not the only one to make that mistake. Besides I think it's a way cute "dress"!