Friday, June 1, 2007

Update on Kate's allergy


For those of you who know about Kate's milk allergy (and for those of you who don't--Kate has a milk allergy), but I haven't updated recently--here's the scoop. I'd been pumping milk exclusively and feeding Kate through a bottle. It was just more convenient for me. Then one day, my milk production was about HALF of what it should have been. I was like, "Okay..." I kept pumping for another week, and it just kept on dwindling. I have no idea what happened. Anyway, since I was all dried up--I had to put Kate back on the nasty Neocate formula. ($50 a can, luckily WIC covers it!) She has gotten used to it and tolerates it pretty well. So I am back to eating regular yummy foods. Surprisingly, I've come to prefer a lot of the things I ate on the diet--like salad. I never used to eat salad on a regular basis.

Anyway, the doctor told me to wait to give Kate rice cereal until she was 6 months old. I slipped her some about a month ago, though! I just felt bad for her on that formula. But I think they'll start testing her on milk things when she's about 8 months +. I'm just praying it disappears!

2 comments:

mistyp said...

So I guess you haven't had any problems since you stopped getting milk to her. :) Thanks for the update. You'll have to let me know how things go when they start testing her. I hope we get to move back to Utah because Briel's mold allergies are out of control here in humid Texas!

Emily John said...

Oh,so glad things are good with Kate. Don't you love WIC? We do! Hopefully she out grows her allergy. I have tons of good salad reciepes if you want some let me know!