Tuesday, June 5, 2007

It's ALIVE!!




Okay, I know that I shed some hair sometimes. Well, okay. I shed A LOT of hair pretty much ALL of the time. I just have a lot of hair! I don't know what the deal is--but it drives Andrew nuts. No matter what--my hair is on him. Even on clean clothes in the dryer. From the shower to his water glass--my out- of-head hair serves to torment him. I used to think he was exaggerating, but now it's really bugging me, too! I'll take Kate out of her little baby bathtub and put a clean diaper on her. Oh--wait--just a minute, Kate. There's a hair. Oh, one second--here's another one. She'll have it wrapped around her fingers (not just from pulling it out, either), on her back, between her toes. My hair will be in Andrew's hair! Are you beginning to understand? Luckily, it never finds its way to our food. (Okay, so that might have happened once...). I don't know why it's everywhere. It has a mind of its own. There's no controlling it. Awful, right? 'Sigh.' That was nothing compared to what happened next.

One Sunday morning, a couple weeks ago, I was getting ready for church. I had Kate on the floor by the bathroom so I could watch her. As I went in and out of the bathroom, I noticed something dark in Kate's hand. What is th--no. Could it--ahhh!! I ran and grabbed from her little hands a GIANT hair clump. It must have come from the bathroom somehow--I still don't know. I didn't tell Andrew about it at the time.

It happened AGAIN a few days later--a different clump. I try my best to sweep up and vaccuum, but they're multiplying! They're everywhere!

Now, you're wondering--so did she grab her camera and take a picture while Kate played with the clump? No... this picture was staged--a reenactment if you will--I gave her the clump for just a second for the picture. I know it's sick--but I had to show you what's been plaguing our home and how horrifying it was to see little Kate playing with my out-of-head hair!

2 comments:

Emily John said...

oh jenn, i remember your hair on the shower walls. oh so gross! just hope you don't find kate with a mouth full of hair one day!

mistyp said...

That's a funny post!!! I had a roommate whose hair was VERRRRRY long...I mean clear to her knees. It would clog the vacuum and get all over in our stuff. Just be glad your hair isn't that long! :)